Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Back to GAC!

Well my team has successfully returned from our East Coast tour and ended up here on the hill at Gustavus Adolphus College tonight for their regular Proclaim Service.  It was such a blessing to be apart of the worship service that I attended so many times while I was a student there.  I would always stand there worshiping wishing that I knew how to play guitar or had a singer voice so that I could too be a worship leader someday.  Little did I know then, that I would be back leading worship. 

It was great to be back.  I had some weird feelings going into it because I wasn't really sure how it would play out, or who (if any) would come, or if the people I hung out with before would still want to see me.  BUT it turned out great!  It was nice to arrive somewhere and know where everything was, and know the contacts and just understand the place of where were at. 

It was good to see people I hadn't seen in a long time and really hadn't kept up with.  It was so nice to see a big crowd at Proclaim, that stayed to the end even though we ended a little late.  It was so cool to see people get into worship, and to even get lost in it a little myself.

I was recharged with what I doing.  Two different people told me tonight that they saw growth in me through this.  The first was the girl who lived next door to me my freshmen year.  The second was someone who I have never formally met, but only know through seeing her on campus and talking with her once.  It was powerful to hear that even she, that really doesn't know me, could see that I had changed and grown through this.  It is so encouraging to hear that.  It is so easy to get caught up in what we are doing and get lost in the stress of setting up equipment and understanding plans and schedules that I have so often forgotten to look back at what I was before I joined team.  While this fall has been far from all starbursts and butterflies, and has been really hard and I have been close to quitting on more then one occasion, I have learned a ton, and met so many awesome people, and see so many neat places. 

Overall, I feel most fired up after this visit.  I haven't felt this fire inside me yet this year.  This is what I needed to remind me why I am here.

No comments:

Post a Comment