Friday, June 3, 2016

Module 5

I think that online learning has its pluses and minuses.  I think that for some people it is definitely the way to go.  For example, a family friend recently got very sick and spent a lot of time in the hospital. His daughter is in high school and decided to switch to an online school program so she could spend more time with him and be able to commute back and forth to the hospital without missing as much class.  For her it worked out very well.

I still am a believer in the physical classroom.  I think there is power in having a physical teacher standing in front on you.  You gain from the social interactions and group work.  I don't believe that someone who has not grown up doing group projects will do as well in the working world as someone who has.  Because I have not spent much time in a virtual classroom it is hard for me to see as much collaboration happening.  That is based off my online classes where there was little to none interaction between students.

I do not see myself as moving into the online classroom.  It is hard to lead a virtual canoe trip!  I suppose it is not that hard, but it is not as fun and takes all the challenge and rewards away from the experience.

Here is a link to my questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment