I am headed back to camp for the summer. This will be my 4th full summer at Wilderness Canoe Base. I visited for the first time in 2004 as a camper and have been back every summer since. As a camper in '04 and '05, a swamper (junior staff) in '06 and '07, and then I finally was able to be real full time staff!
I am not exactly sure when I fell in love with the place, but I am guessing that it was sometime in 2007. Before that I really liked the place, but I think it was 2007 that I knew I wanted to spend my full summers up there. I think it was probably in 2009 or maybe even last summer, that I realized that returning to Wilderness Canoe Base was like going home.
This summer I will be a canoe guide. I was a guide last summer, and am so excited to get back out on the water with a year of experience, ans simply being another year older. I learned a lot about guiding last summer, and even more about life this year at school, and so I am anxious to get my first group of campers and try to apply my learning's! Last summer guiding was great. It was definitely tough at times, but there were so many rewarding times that made up for the hard times.
I hope to try to update some of my trail stories throughout the summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment