Sunday, June 12, 2011

Staff Trip

Staff Training has wrapped up, and we just returned from our week long staff trip.  Staff Trip is a time for us as a staff to go out into the Boundary Waters to teach all of the skills needed for trail, and to bond as a staff.  We were split up into 4 groups.  I have to say that I am pretty sure that I have had the best group of the all!  But of course I am not biased or anything!  We covered some pretty great lakes and I finally got to go through a really common section that I have never seen before, and then go through some more challenging areas also!  We had beautiful weather pretty much the whole time.  The last morning we had some practice with what to do with lighting and thunder, but it was nothing too serious. The picture is our group headed down a skinny stretch of water leading up to a portage.  The route started with a Sagnaga Entry, and then we paddled across sag the first day, went through Ottertrack to Ester and Hansen, to Cherry, Topaz, Amoeber, into Knife the second day.  We went through Bonnie, Spoon, Pickle, Kek, into Ogish into Gabi the third day, and then up into Paulsen the 4th day, so we could end with the 515 rod Jap Portage into Seagull Lake (1 rod = 16.5 feet).

No comments:

Post a Comment