Monday, October 31, 2011

Power's out, but Church is still ON!

We had our first snow of the year this week.  I found it very exciting, but most people were annoyed by it.  Apparently up in the North East, the majority of power lines are above ground, which means, that even a little snow will knock out the power.  We got probably 4-6 inches of wet sticky snow man snow.  The roads were clear by morning, and it was warming up pretty fast, so really it was just one big sloppy mess.

The church we were working with did not have power, but decided that it was important to not let the weather stop us from worshiping.  The service still happened, and there were actually still a lot of parishioners that showed up.

The power went out Saturday night, and as far as I know still out.  It's out here in New Hampshire at the camp were staying at, but they say that it will come back soon.  Luckily there are generators running so we can still have heat and water in the cabin, and oddly enough, the directors home has power, so we can eat warm foods, and get wifi so I can write this blog!

Tomorrow we are off to Arlington Virginia.  Yay for long car rides.  I've picked up some yarn and have decided to practice my crocheting to pass some time in long van rides.  Let me know if you need any crocheted squares or rectangles!

No comments:

Post a Comment